Free texts over? Wanna send more? This Google Script powered cloud application enables you to send as much of SMS as you want within India. Additionally, it supports Google Contacts, so you can send SMS without the need to type same numbers again and again. The application also contains a quick contact adder, in case you want to add a contact quickly without visiting Google Contacts.
- The only prerequisite is that you must have an account in Way2SMS. If you dont have one, you can create an account here.
- Click here to start configuring the application. It requires that you have to be signed in to your Google account. If not, you will be presented a Google login page. After you login, you will be asked whether to grant access or not. You can grant access by clicking Authorize and on Grant Access buttons. Everytime you need access to this application, you need to click this link. You can bookmark the link for convenient access.
- You will be asked to enter your Way2SMS credentials, enter the required information. Your information is saved securely in Google servers, and only YOU have access to it (Not even me!). This is an one-time setup.
- After you enter your credentials, you will be directly taken to application main page, where your contacts are ready in drop-down list (If present in Google Contacts). Select any one contact you wish to send SMS to or if you wish to manually type the number, select Number/Contacts mode to toggle between contact list and manual number input method. Type your message in the message field, and click Send SMS. The delivery status of your SMS is displayed in the top bar of the page.
Contact List mode :
- You can quickly add a contact to your contact list (and also Google Contacts) by selecting Create contact and submitting the necessary information in the subsequent page. First Name and Phone are required fields. Other fields are optional. By default, contact is added to the Other Contacts group of Google Contacts. You can change it, add another contact or delete existing contacts by visiting Google Contacts. You can even synchronize your existing phone contacts to Google Contacts for easy initial setup, so you dont end up typing each contact manually. See Google Synchronize for details on how to do this. Common supported devices are Nokia s60/s40, Apple iPad/iPhone, Android.
If you want to use this application again, use the same link mentioned above . You won’t be asked to authorize again if you have authorized once. The application currently supports sending SMS to only one contact at a time and multisender functionality will be implemented soon. SMS are delivered even to those numbers which are registered in National DND service.